Various Malaysian government authorities, business organizations, and educational institutions may request for authenticated documents before they are accepted. The High Commission will ONLY authenticate documents that have been issued by/or have the seal/stamp of a Maldives government body.
- Attest copies of the original documents.
- Issuing an authentication letter verifying the details of a document which is in Dhivehi language (Eg:- Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate)
- Authenticate the signing of a legal document to be used for legal matters in the Maldives. (Eg:- Power of Attorney or an Agreement).
- Issuing verification letter (relationship letter) stating the bona fide status such as verifying your relationship to a family member.
High Commission does NOT:
- Attest to the authenticity of the contents of the document. (Eg:- we verify that a power of attorney is signed by the person, NOT attest the contents of the statement which provides the legal rights to a specific person).
For any further queries, please contact +60126557895 (HC Hotline), or email to email@example.com
Click here for list of FAQs.