Entry for Educational purposes

Any student studying in any school/University in Malaysia that is registered at the Ministry of Education will get student visa, facilitated by the respective institution. It is the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to ensure the school which they select to enrol their son/daughter is registered at the Ministry of Education in Malaysia. All students must possess a student visa.


When entering Malaysia for educational purpose one should enter ONLY upon receiving the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) issued by Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), and also with the consent of your educational institute. You should be in a position to produce VAL, Offer Letter or any other documentary evidence if questioned by the Immigration officers during entry. This does not apply to school age children.


For any further queries, please contact +60126557895 (HC Hotline), or email to consular@maldives.org.my