Types of Renewal
The High Commission in collaboration with the Maldives Immigration provides passport renewal service to the Maldivian citizens residing in Malaysia, in case of expiry, damage or loss of passport.
Those who apply for the passport through the High Commission can collect the new passport within 10 working days from the High Commission, or sooner if the applicant opts to collect the new passport directly from Maldives Immigration through an assigned person.
When renewing the passport due to expiry, payment can either be made at the High Commission or Maldives Immigration. In case of damaged or lost passport, renewal fee along with any other additional charges or fines shall be made directly to Maldives Immigration.
Passport photo service is provided at the High Commission. If the applicant wishes to bring his/her own photo, it must comply with the Immigration guidelines. In this case, High Commission will ONLY accept soft copy of the photo.
- Service Request Form of High Commission:
- Maldives Immigration Form (IM01):
- Maldives Immigration Form (IM32):
- VALID National ID card.
- Malaysian Police Report (in case of lost passport)
- Authority Letter (To assign someone else to collect the new passport and/or make payment to Maldives Immigration).
- The applicant has to be present at the High Commission for the submission.
- Applications can ONLY be made for non-electronic (32 pages) passports.
- Payment for non-electronic passport (MVR600/- equivalent in Malaysian Ringgit).
For any further queries, please contact +60126557895 (HC Hotline), or email to email@example.com
Click here for a list of FAQs.