Certificate of Identity (CI)
Applying for Certificate of Identity (CI) – travel document
The following documents have to be submitted to the Embassy.
- Fill Request form (available at Embassy)
- Maldives Immigration IM32 form (for newborns, mother has to fill this form).
- Copy of Birth certificate of the newborn (Malaysia)
- Copy of the passport data page of both parents
- Copy of Marriage certificate
- Passport size photo of baby
- Confirmed return flight to Maldives
- Once, approval is received from Maldives Immigration, Embassy would call the applicant to collect the CI. Minimum TWO working days is required to issue a Certificate of Identity.
- Before departure from Malaysia, CI issued has to be stamped by the Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya).
- Applicant (including newborn) has to be taken to Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya).
- The applicant is advised to take ALL ORIGINALS and COPIES of the documents when going to Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya).
Headquarters of the Immigration Department, Malaysia
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Level 1-7 (Podium) No 15 (level 4)
Persiaran Perdana, Precint 2
- Certificate of Identity is stamped by Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya) within 14 working days.
- A fee of RM100 is charged by Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya) to stamp the CI.
- Once at the Malaysian Immigration (Putrajaya), kindly follow as per their instructions.
The Embassy of Maldives in Malaysia facilitates and guides parent in the obtaining official documentation from relevant authorities in Maldives for Maldivian citizens born in Malaysia.
The following diagram shows the basic process involved in from obtaining the birth certificate to issuance of passport.